Job Title: Software Developer
We are looking for a multi-skilled developer to join a small team working on a business system built using web technologies.
You will be predominantly building behind the scenes code. Although you should be experienced with OOP and RDBMS, having a good level of general programming ability and experience is more important than familiarity with specific technologies.
You should be a quality orientated software engineer, with an eye for writing maintainable code and have a pragmatic approach to technology. Preserving and improving application stability is a keystone in our philosophy.
You should be interested in solving real problems well, rather than entertaining yourself by using interesting technologies / algorithms for the sake of it (although we do get to do this from time to time).
This is a full time position.
As a small company we feel we can offer something special to your worklife. Working should be, as much as possible, enjoyable, engaging and not stressful for the sake of it.
Here's a few more highlights about us.
- a very small team
- completely pragmatic approach drawing on what works, we have no religious adherence to development fads
- you'll be working with experienced developers
- we have a flat company hierarchy
- collaborative problem solving, we talk to each other, particularly about architecture and bugs
- mostly large long term projects
- more often interesting and enganging range of work, from devops to designing specialised algorithms
- very informal work environment internally
- a high quality code base, quality not quantity is required, we take the time necessary to get it right
- local to Cambridge
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. We are also happy to answer any questions you may have - just drop us an email.
Strictly NO AGENCIES please, you will (at best) be ignored if you are an agency.